Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Back then...


I remember, when I was little my mom used to scare us with harmless little tales to get us to do her biddings. They were funny little anecdotes that stuck with me for a long long time...As I enter 2000s, they faded.

On not swallowing any seeds, "Do not eat mandarin orange seeds, or you'll find that the plant will grow out from the top of your head someday!"

The reason we're fat and healthy when we're kids: "Eat your last grain of rice! Don't waste food! Or you'll get a husband with pockmarks all around his face!"

The thing I never quite found out the 'why' of: "Never ever clip your nails at night! No good!"

It's a shame I can't dig out some more, thoughts just crossed your mind at unexpected moments I guess.

Anyway, that was what I used to have for breakfast some time ago, 3 stack of Weet-Bix with sliced bananas, peaches, raisins plus some skim milk and a McDonald's chocolate chip muffin on the side. Voila! Good old breakfast that's yummy, (I hope) healthy, and satisfying! How I missed those days.

2 comments:

Kiran said...

How about this : "If you don't clean up your desk right now, Mrs. X at school is going to know and ask you about it tomorrow!" Funny why I never wonder as to why Mrs. X cares as to how messy my desk was!

Sri said...

Hahahaha, Kiran, your mom is GOOD! Well, makes me think, Moms are the best mind manipulators in the world. Can't live without them !!