Thursday, April 12, 2007

Wasted


I just spent the past 2 hours tweaking the template of this blog. I've already spent enough time yesterday on it. If you're editing the blog template manually instead of using Blogger's new editor, remember to back your template up. Or you'll end up like me, lost most of the chunk and ended up with an empty blog with non-sensical looking HTML codes.

Panic set in. Cussing silently, I went "Bye bye blog, see ya later" (trust me, it's much more civilised than that). In the dead of the night, red eyes, dark circles and all, I went to work on it, figuring I have to start all over again. I ... will...not...give...up...until...I...finish...it.

And that I did. Turns out, Blogger has this great Help resource, a quick "missing template" search led me to this entry. The trick is to search on Google a cached version of your blog, get the source code and paste those onto your template. Voila!

Happy now. Though still mad over WHY THE CHUNK OF CODES DISAPPEARED ALL OF THE SUDDEN?

Okay, enough of angry-speak. Calm down..calm down.

Looking forward to weekend again. Plenty of shut-eye awaits.

2 comments:

Kiran said...

I know the feeling. Good that you got stuff back.

Sri said...

Happened to me twice. Painful. :)