Thursday, March 15, 2007

Memory

I was typing away on my laptop earlier. I grabbed my phone and smsed my friend to buy dinner for me.

Upon replying, I realized, I just HAD dinner. JUST. What's wrong with me? I still have some soup sitting on the stove, the unwashed plate and bowl on the table, right in front of me! Then it hit me. Hit me hard.

It's short-term memory loss. And I have it. The realization came plenty of times before, but never this serious.

There were the times when I came into the room looking for something, but that something never manifested itself in my mind. Then someone told me a fact, and I struggled to remember that, repeating the same question each time I bump into that person.

People say we only remember the things we want to remember. I suppose that's true in a way. But this is getting way out of my control. Argh.

What am I going to do? What am I going to do? I tried enrolling in an online memory class before, but it turned out to be just another disguised-as-foc class that required you to purchase their own textbook. I gave up then.

Time is running out. I must find an alternative.

No comments: