Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Out of the blue

Dreams are strange phenomena. Things beyond our wildest imagination. The most unusual events. Our deepest darkest desires. Somehow, when I dream, I think I control the plot (or it's my subconsciousness playing tricks on me). I have been dreaming numerous times these few months; very peculiar indeed, as I was a sound sleeper who've only had few dreams. I even sourced out library references and Internet resources to interpret those dreams, yet none produced the results I wanted.

This morning, it occured again. Two dreams, one forgotten. It's not exciting in the least. Note: some details have been altered for a more dramatic effect.

And so there I was, having a meal, in a wooden Javanese house. The house is one thing, but the characters are a whole different story. There are approximately 8-10 of us; now...get ready for this: those people are band members of a famous Indonesian band (not Dewa, but more on that later) and a popular American band; and then there was me and my friend. How we all got together was totally lost on me.

In short, I chatted with them (heh) and found out that they are on a break, so they decided to pack up and do some traveling. As of that moment, they are on their way to Tangkuban Perahu, near Bandung, Indonesia. I excused myself to go to the restroom located in a wooden shed right beside the house and was on my way, when my friend got up and followed me without my knowledge. As I bent down to do my own business, there #$%!@ (I won't name names) was, holding a videocam and ready to shoot! As soon as I closed the blinds of the tiny window hole, it ended.


I
have to say, the more I type, the more unsure I am of the exact situation. Ah, dreams do fade. Now, for the analysis (I promise, won't be too long):

I've always wanted to travel to Java.

Dewa, a very popular Indonesian band, held a concert 2 weeks ago. I had considered going.

A friend of mine gave me a Tangkuban Perahu key chain last month. (thanks, I!)

The friend in my dream spoke to me recently.

See how it all tangled up?

More on dreams later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Further reading on your dream: the friend trying to shoot you while you were in the loo might be a friend who annoyed you the most in the recent days.

Anonymous said...

Dewa is coming to Sydney and going to perform live on 26th March at The Metro, George St (infront of Hoyts cinema, i think). Tickets sold around $25-$30, interested? hehehe :D