Saturday, March 26, 2005

Have I told you lately?

Have I told you lately that I love you?
Have I told you there's no one else above you?
Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness,
Ease my troubles, that's what you do.

- Rod Stewart, from Have I Told You Lately

Sitting alone in my room at 2 am isn't doing much to elevate my current state of dysphoria. The stream of melancholic love songs that's been playing on my radio doesn't help either. Lately I have been thinking about stuff that is and isn't happening in my life. Ideas have been hanging around in my mind, but the lack of enthusiasm to pursue them eventually weighs me down.

Ignorance really is bliss. Things can be so ugly yet so beautiful, so beautiful yet so ugly. Try to be positive but still find consolation in being negative. The shoulds and should nots in life are things that could make or break you. I can't escape duality, is that how it's going to be down this path from now on?

It is now time to finally take a stance.

No comments: