Monday, March 31, 2008

Three things

Purple, gold, blue, gray, yellow, red, turquoise. Mmmmmm... I tried shielding my eyes from the buildings beneath it and just stood there. My favorite spot. And I'm transported back to Balinese coast at Uluwatu, and King's Canyon during the sunset. This is the only place I could see the big patch of sky and the hues of twilight. Sometimes when it's really dark I could see the faint stars during cloudless nights.

The father was riding a bicycle. The daughter sits quietly behind. He pushed a little more energy into his pedal, on the small slope up. Then they continue, towards their destination. I remembered the times when I was behind my father in his old big Honda motorcycle. He is small, but he has the strength the push and ride that beautiful old machine for 20 years every single day.

Ants Marching, playing repeatedly. The sound of the music reaches my eardrum. My fingers moved, to the melody of the guitar and drums. Brilliant composition. Beautiful song, one of the best.

Three things that touch me tonight, on a simple narrow path.

No comments: