Saturday, September 27, 2008

Page turner

A lot of times I have ideas popping out of nowhere. Almost all are silly. The rest I completely forget. So one day, I was going to work and the idea of an ultimate lazy person's page turner started popping up in my mind.

For a person like me, who dreams to have physical book propped up directly above my eyes within a reasonable distance while lying on the bed, it would be awesome if we have an automatic page turner remote. Prop your book up on a stand, it would have to be a flexible stand to be fixed on your bed or table, or any location you like. Now we have a remote, with buttons to control it, I'm visualizing something like my iMac remote. It would have << for page back, >> for page forward, pause button to bookmark page, << + hold for 3 secs to go back to previous chapter, >> 3 secs for the next chapter, number pad to key in approximate page number if you happen to take out your book on a train ride, pause again to store your new bookmark.

Ultimately, the remote would be smart enough to remember multiple bookmarks, like an e-book reader program. But keeping it simple is also key. I truly believe this is not novel idea. Hm, where can I get a piece?

No comments: