Sunday, February 17, 2008

One of the many addictions

mmmmm
It's probably safe to say that most of us, my generation, are addicted to the Internet to some extent. Why? It's instant, and mostly free. It used to be that we had to go to library to find reference books, pick up the phone to book tickets, buy the papers for our daily dose of news, and a lot of other things. Of course, that all changed in the early 1990s. Internet, or its predecessor has been around for years by then, but only really picked up in the end of 80s. I remembered my disbelief when a classmate told me that I could get weather prediction, and be connected to people from around the world via this cool new technology they called 'Internet'. I didn't believe it was possible then. Such is the mind of a 13 year old. I soon found myself doing exactly that in a few years' time. Internet boomed faster than a supersonic jet.

Today, I spend a very unhealthy amount of time in front of my desktop. I switch it on when I got home. Dare I say it...I can't live without it here. On the occasions and days when I'm without it though, I feel those days and minutes are very well-spent.

Probably should get myself off Internet soon!

P.S.: Found these three people sitting next to each other on subway, all on iPods and all napping at the same time. These days, the chances are higher than you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soon, you will need to be a fugitive to get off the "grid" .. aka "Terminator"